Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Nalbinding Continued- Sample

I have been continuing my nalbinding practice and finished a small sample that I began and included pictures of in my last post. I learned how to do to decreases by stitching two loops together and resulted in what looks like a tiny doll hat:



I did a decrease stitch about every other stitch and it does look very hat-like!

I then tried to start another practice piece with some pure wool in an attempt to be a bit more authentic. The yarn I was using, however, was plied and while it wasn't a problem with the part-acrylic yarn, the wool made nalbinding with the needle I was using a lot more difficult. I went to Michael's and purchased some single ply yarn and might attempt an actual pattern next, perhaps a hat or mittens.


I couldn't resist guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment